Sunday, April 02, 2006

Good day

Today was a fairly good day, which rather surprised me. I usually hate the time change ahead with the fiery passion of a thousand burning suns, but today wasn't bad. Probably because I went to bed right around the time change this morning, and finally dragged my carcass out of bed around, oh, 10:30am or so.

Yes indeedy my friends, it is good to be single and accountable to no one and nothing at times.

Of course, I'll probably hate myself in the morning when I have to get up to go to work, but that's ok. I'm totally cool with that, although I suspect it has something to do with the beer I had this evening.

Mmm beer. It was my reward for spending a full hour and fifteen minutes spinning up...something. I can't remember what this wool actually is, which is, ok, somewhat humiliating. I suspect it's the oatmeal Romney roving from Spring Hill Farm, but I'll have to do some investigating to make sure. Everything got sort of jumbled there in the move, and things are only now being straightened out as I start arranging the roving and top I have for spinning.

At this point, I'm probably only spinning about an ounce an hour, but I'm OK with that. I took a fairly long break in between to tighten up the drive band on the Traveller. I am experimenting with the Pony bead lacing, because the cotton drive band that came on the wheel feels way too tight to me, and that's w/out any tension at all. I'm not 100% satisfied with what's on there right now, and will likely futz with it some more tomorrow or Tuesday, but tonight I just wanted to spin.

It was fun. I really should be working on my plying, but I felt too lazy to do so tonight. Plus, I couldn't find the empty bobbin that's lurking here somewhere. So this lovely mystery wool was just the thing for the night. Someday, I'll figure out WPI and post it here. For now I'm just concentrating on trying to keep my drafting and twist fairly consistent.

In other news, I put down a deposit on a Strauch Petite. I tossed a mental dart at the selections I wrote about in my last post, and it landed on the Petite. If nothing else, it will be a good place to start, and I can pass it on if I outgrow it or miraculously hit the lottery and can purchase the Triple Card. *G*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home