Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Request for a favor

Long time no update. Still here, still working with some fiber. I ordered a base set of Gaywool dyes online and they should be here sometime this week. In the meantime, I've turned most of my attention to:
- organizing the yarn stash a bit because I need a few of the storage bins for
- candlemaking supplies. I'm doing a batch of candles tomorrow to capture the energy of Litha (Summer Solstice) so I can smile and remember the strength of the light later this year when it's rainy, cold, grey and dark here in Seattle.
- working on organizing supplies for and reading up on canning. I've never done it, but now I have all the stuff for it, and I'm looking forward to learning how to do jams, jellies, preserves and other good stuff to also enjoy later in the year, as well as
- learning how to make goodies like fruit leathers in the new Excalibur dehydrator my sister and I bought together. I have custody for now, but she has visiting rights just about anytime, and dibs on an occasional overnight stay at her apartment.

Lots going on in this week or two I'm taking off. My contract ended last week, and I'm.... Actually, I'm not sure what I am. Except exhausted, confused and cranky (thanks PMS).

And now, a personal request. For those of you who like short films, and who wouldn't mind helping out my sister, please take a moment to head over to the Curiosity Festival Toronto to maybe view & vote for her film Wide Awake and Dreaming. The winner gets a super cool camera package, which she is DYING for, and I'd really appreciate your help.

Spread the word if you can! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home