Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Bwah!

So very kind of Tom & Katie to name their daughters after one of my favorite fibers. Poor thing. I hope she doesn't grow up to look like an alpaca. I imagine there is much amusement in fiber-dom today.

It's exciting for me because my drum carder is scheduled to be delivered today! The status shows "out for delivery", which is awesome!!! The only bad part about this is that I won't be able to run home and play tonight. I have a networking dinner with friends scheduled across the lake in Bellevue, and probably won't get home until relatively late. I'll have to wait until tomorrow or Friday, perish the thought!

I've discovered that in my knitting world, if I have two or three projects on the needles at the same time, I get everything done faster. It's the same with me at work, which is probably why I'm suited fairly well to project management. If I only have one thing to do, it languishes. If I have eight or nine? Everything is done well and efficiently. What a bizarre quirk to have.

Anyway, I finished up a gift scarf last night and gave it to the recipient at the astrology update, and she was thrilled. Much envy from my fellow class-goers. I'm ecstatic, though, because now the knee-high socks take their place in my bag/purse/haul-crap-around container! There should be much more progress soon.

I'm going to go gloat over the various shake ups at the White House now. And ponder how many motorcycle police there have to be to truly make up a motorcade.

1 Comments:

Blogger moiraeknittoo said...

Cathy, I am currently taking Intro to Astrology classes from a friend of mine who is one of the hardest working people I know. She does little mini-seminars once a month at various locations around the Puget Sound.

Basically, she talks about what's happening astrologically for the next month in general, and then will discuss your chart specifically for about five minutes or so. So Tuesday's "update" was talking about what kind of aftershocks to look for after the eclipses in April, and what to look for in the coming lunar cycle and the sun moving into Taurus.

It's great to listen in on other folks' charts too, and she really only charges the cost of running the chart. It's a really great service, but she's got another one she's just now starting where she's taping the general update, and will send you a CD with that content AND your personalized update plus your chart for $15.

You can check out her website at http://www.carolbarbeau.com . I think she has the May update on the website now. :)

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home