Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Happy Lammas!

Technically, I think Lammas or Lughnasadh would fall on the 9th this year, but many Neo-Pagans celebrate it on August 1st. I'll open up a bottle of mead tonight, and probably one on the 9th, just because. *G*

I usually take the Sabbats to stop for a bit, to slow down and do a simple ritual and take a moment to appreciate how "the wheel of the year turns". To me, this is the beginning of Fall, and the harvest. What am I harvesting in my life now? Have I tended to my mental/emotional/physical/spiritual crops so that they prospered, or did something wither on the vine here due to distraction and lack of attention?

There've been a lot of changes in the past six weeks or so, and I'm still reeling from a lot of it. There's a lot of uncertainty in my future, a whole lot of questions that need to be answered. But for now, I shall sit back, cast a circle, light some candles and do some meditating, and offer up some bread, cheese, fruit and wine as thanks for the wonderful things and people I have in my life.

Abundance is all around me, and I thank Them for allowing me to partake of the harvest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home